Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day at the Museum

I enjoy art. I studied a few art courses in college. It interests me, I am always astonished but what a human being can make. Each work of art is so different. The details and time it took to make such a simple or elaborate work is interesting, it’s just like creating an outfit. The time it takes to create a shirt can take hours, days, or weeks just like that of a masterpiece. Art is soothing, you can get lost in the work. Exploring the piece, wondering what the artist was thinking while making the work, or how he or she even did it. I love the mystery of art. Visiting museums is a great relief for me, taking my own time to see and study the works I want. No one is telling me I am going too slow or too fast. It’s your personal time to enjoy the works of art from around the world. Go take a day and explore an art museum. I suggest the Cleveland Art Museum, so many pieces from all over the world and different times in history, you’ll get lost in a world of art. 

Man Before a Window, 1880

Gustave Caillebotte

(French, 1848-1894)


On the Island, 2011

Walton Ford

(American, born 1960)

 Yakushi-Nyorai Buddha, 1100s

Japan, late Heian period (900-1185)


Memento Mori, “To This Favour,” 1879

William Michael Harnett
(American, born Ireland, 1848-1892)

A Paramount Picture, 1934

Reginald Marsh
(American, born France, 1898-1954)

No comments:

Post a Comment