Thursday, August 27, 2015

When in Rio.

Just around the corner the leaves will be falling and every girl will be Instagraming her pumpkin spice latte, until then I’ll reminisce to warmer weather atop Sugarloaf Mountain.

I wanted to get back to blogging and start with sharing this incredible experience I had this summer. Traveling to Rio de Janerio was one of my favorite and challenging experiences I have had and I am thankful for every minute. To share this adventure with friends and family was a dream come true, especially to celebrate my sister’s wedding.

Although it is winter there right now, you wouldn’t have guessed it. It’s as warm as it would be here in the States. The beaches are beautiful, the people are beautiful, the nature is beautiful – it is all beautiful and I can’t wait to be back. Not to mention the fashion. 

As a fashion blogger, I paid attention to street style and window displays. The ladies love to channel the ocean’s deep blue-greens in a breezy belted number. I stumbled upon a few new boutiques I must visit once I get back such as Gilson Martin for all the latest hot Brazilian accessories and Oh, Boy! for my winter wardrobe. As for the street style, symmetry is overrated; showcase boldly striped or printed full-length dress. The Brazilians are no strangers to showing skin, but why should they be? These people love and take care of their bodies, whether its running on the beaches, volleyball, or the endless games of soccer – they know how to stay in shape.

I wish for everyone to have the opportunity to travel to Rio or somewhere new. Go to places you want to but aren’t the top five on your traveling list. I want you to push number 8 or 9 to the top, because trust me it will be worth it. Never was Rio #1, but after napping on Ipanema beach, vising Christ the Redeemer, or strolling through the Botanical Garden, Jardim Botanico, I have the wanderlust bug and I just need to explore more of what Rio has to offer. I am blessed to have tried new foods, make new friends, and slowly but surely learn a new language, which I said I wouldn’t of experienced if I didn’t have the opportunity to.


“Everywhere here is on fire get up and join in the fun. Dance with a stranger, romance and danger magic could happen for real in Rio” 

The morning view

The streets of Ipanema Beach 

The one & only, Christ

One of the view up to Sugarloaf Mountain 


Wedding details

Beautiful Jardim Botanico


Ipanema Beach, yes please


Until next time...


xo - Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment