Monday, March 9, 2015

These are a few of my favorite things...Minneapolis


While waiting for countless hours during my delayed flight back to Ohio, I began thinking about what to write in the upcoming blog post. I knew I wanted to write about my trip, but what?  I needed to share with you all how quaint Minneapolis is. I wanted to share even if you are never able to visit (although you should) some of my favorite things and places you must stop when visiting this friendly city.

The twin city has much more to offer than just Target headquarters, Twins baseball, and Mall of America. Although all the locals told me I MUST come back in the spring/summer to truly see Minne in her prime, I found winter wasn’t the worst time to take in what the city has to offer. Thankfully, the Minneapolis Skywalk System allows you to move from building to building within the city without stepping a foot outdoors, which is perfect for those frigid days.

Until the flowers bloom and the temperature rises, if you are visiting when there is still snow on the ground you can always visit the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, which is just as beautiful during the winter as the summer, which is located on the grounds of the Walker Art Center. The center focuses on the visual, performing, and media arts of our time.




If you are hunger, Minneapolis is your city. I am not food expertise, but I sure did want to try everything new I could fit on my plate from Bar La Grassa to St. Paul’s Cossetta; you’ll never go hungry in the twin cities. Not to mention every pastry shop is to die for, you’ll gain a few pounds but its well worth it. Just walk off your meal around the Mall of America. You can shop til you drop with 3 floors worth of shopping from Madewell to BCBGeneration the mall has everything you need for a new wardrobe, not to mention the roll coaster in the middle.




If malls aren’t your thing, take a walk around the lakes around the city from Lake Calhoun, Lake Harriet, to Lake of the Isles all the views are breathtaking. However, it’s a little too cold for lakes this time of the year so I suggest check out the Mill City Museum, which thankfully is also a farmer’s market in the spring. If museums are of no interest, a show at the  Guthrie Theater would be perfect, just in time to see A Midsummers Night's Dream this winter to get ready for the summer nights in the city.







All I know is I can’t wait to go back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment