Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Staying Safe in the Sun

I am finally back! Sorry to you all, it has just been a crazy couple of weeks! I have been slacking and I am sorry for that, I'll make it up to you with some need-to-know tips and treats about your skin in the sun! 

I am back just in time for the start of the summer sun. However, are we all ready for the heat? Most likely we aren't, I am sure you are carrying around your sunscreen or lotion from last year. Throw it away and start fresh. The BEST, NEW sunscreens can make your skin look brighter and younger! 

Neutrogena came out with a stick sunscreen, this little guy feels as light as lotion and makes touch-ups simple for frequently overlooked areas. I suggest everyone to invest in the Neutrogena Beach Defense Stick Sunscreen SPF 50+, it's only 10.99 for 1.5oz stick. 

The Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Face Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30, found at any major drugstore or yout local Ulta starting at $9.99, is made to make yur skin impressively dewy and luminous. Plus, it's small enough to stash just about anywhere like your bag, glove compartment, or desk drawer. 

Coopertone's ClearlySheer SPF 50 is perfect for a long day at the pool. It's water resistant for up to 80 minutes and almost entirely imperceptible, and not to mention it has a fun, fruity scent. 

After you have been in the sun all day, your skin still needs protection. Burt's Bees Aloe & Linden Flower After Sun Soother is perfect for hydrating. A quick-absorbing face and body lotion, replenish its natural moisture. 

Now that I just told you about some of the latest and greatest sunscreens that you should be carrying around in your beach bag this summer, let me give you sun facts you need to know. 


Just one session in an indoor tanning bed can increase your chances of developing melanoma by 20%, so ladies stick to waiting until now to bake in the sun. When you do bake in the sun, be sure to put on your sunscreen because individuals who regularly wear sunscreen are up to 50% less likely to develop melanoma, than those who only wear it occasionally. Trust me, just wear it: last year out on the beach in Half Moon Bay I decide I didn't need to wear much, if any, because I am Italian and I tan well, blah blah. Next thing I know I wake up from laying out all day and I have sun poison, I was exposed to too much sun and my entire skin looked like a lobster. Don't think you are an expectation to the sun's rays, because you aren't; protect your beautiful skin. 





Happy & safe sun bathing, go out there and protect your skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment